Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How I wish it would never end

A few hilarious things that I love about my friends:

The way Ellyse says "expresso," owns a flying squirrel, and is always "mouthy" to the bouncers at Mandarin.

The fact that Kristian no longer attends SLU because he drove his "victory red" Hummer around the clock tower and will arbitrarily plow into traffic cones. Also he owns a shirt that says "Maids Are For Everyone."

The way that Gagan says "Oooh," opens her eyes real wide, and looks down when she disapproves of something, and the particular way she articulates her disapproval. She also secretly loves her Shine (as do I) and is a bonafide crazy cat lady.

Marty honestly did not know that Sketchers are not cool, bought a pair, and introduced them as "adult shoes." Also when dining out he will, in a very high-brow type of voice, ask the waiter questions like "now, this cheese platter, what is that like?"

I still laugh every time John says "Hey Lil Momma! How you doin??" And also, on command, he will perform ebonic poetry.

Stephen, who is gay, openly refers to himself as "homo," "fag," and "queer," and says "hello daaaaahling" to me when we meet.

Last but not least, Nick Marco's existence itself is delightfully funny enough.

I also love the fact that we are all blossoming alcoholics and we support one another in this pursuit.

I am not looking forward to the impending disbandment of this wonderful group of people (sadly Nick has already left us). I do not think I will be able to find others who make me laugh as much or as hard as they do on a regular basis, or with whom I have as much fun. I can honestly say, without any cliche, that I do not know what I will do without them.

1 comment:

Nick M said...

I promise to visit soon! Like beginning of December soon.