Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I hope the apple falls far from the tree.

An excerpt from a conversation (though I hesitate to use that word because it's more like her rambling off thoughts that are in her head which she just can't keep there so she lets em loose on the nearest possible person, and if there's no person around she simply talks to herself...) I had with my mother this morning:

(Note that the sound of the hairdryer obstructed this whole thing as she dried her hair much to my starved frustration as I waited for her to be ready to go to breakfast)
Susan: Oh! You know what I was going to tell you?
Me: hmm
Susan: You know Cindy that I work with?
Me: mm-hmm (I really don't).
Susan: Well she paints gourds too, and she has a cat named Bill.... Oh no wait, her husband is Bill. Her cat's name is Bob.

You can't make this stuff up.

1 comment:

Nick M said...

Ohhh Mrs. Kennelly.